Re: PHP hosting with multiple domains?

On 30 Jan 2006, at 17:34, <gryffyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <gryffyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The thing I'm having trouble nailing down is one that might let me host multiple domains under a single hosting account and share bandwidth and HD space. I have a couple of domains that aren't really doing anything right now (none of my domains really generate any traffic right now but could in the future). But instead of paying to upgrade the storage of one domain then paying again to upgrade the storage of another one... I'd like them to share harddrive space and bandwidth.

I use Pair Networks (www.pair.com) and they allow this easily. You control which directories your domains point to (or you can stack one domain on-top of another to save money if they aren't being used). Custom DNS is supported if you need it, disabled if not. You can run your own scripts via cron and they've got PHP 4 natively and PHP 5 available as a CGI. I've got numerous very high traffic sites hosted with them, and have never had an issue in the 10+ years I've been a customer (that's a long time fullstop, let alone to be with a single hosting company).

Cheers,

Rich
--
http://www.corephp.co.uk