Re: php and consol interface

Gregory Machin wrote:
Hi
I'm developing a web interface for server admin in php, but the bos has
added a complication, he wants ssh / telnet colson for as well,  is i
posible  to  create a consol  app in php  ?  My original idea was to have a
couple of files that the web interface would you to stor the settings and
generate the configs, but now i have to rethink my planning because of the
consol interface. Would you have any sugestions on how to keep consistancy
between the 2 interfaces configurations  ie. if the config is changed at the
consol it should be reflected on the web interfact..

Thanks for you time

Hi Gregory,

this is quite a problem because you actually don't have real time output and input on your browser.
You could execute simple shell commands with the exec function
http://de2.php.net/exec

But any more complicated will be a hard run.

You would have to get the output and let somone add in the next command.
Then the page reloads with the output you got already and so on.

This might probably work, but PHP is surely not designed for things like that.

I would say that it would be much easier to code something in JAVA then trying to accomplish that in PHP.

Barry

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)