Re: PHP and LDAP...

On Tue, January 17, 2006 3:08 am, David BERCOT wrote:
> I'm new on this list and with PHP. But I am a old web developer (with
> ASP).
> I'm looking for verifying a username/password in Active Directory with
> LDAP request...
> I have this error :
> Warning: ldap_search() [function.ldap-search]: Search: Operations
> error
> in /var/www/ldap.html on line 69
>
> I think my criterias are not OK but I think there are classical :
> $sr=ldap_search($ds,"o=Justice, c=FR","(sn=Berc*)");
>
> Do you have a little example which always return an answer, in AD or
> in
> true LDAP (because I have two different servers) ?
>
> Then, I have another question... As I said, I'd like to verify
> username/password. Is it possible ? With AD ? With LDAP ?
> Is the password clear on network ? Do I have some solutions to resolve
> that problem ?

I don't know the answer directly, but I do know this:

You should get it to work with real LDAP first, using OpenSource
tutorials, help, etc.

This is probably going to be fairly easy once you focus on just PHP +
LDAP.

Then attack Active Directory as a separate problem, because there are
some funky things with AD -- but you can probably find them here:
http://info.com/PHP+LDAP+Active+Directory

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm