Re: Best way to do this: www.domain.com?page=var

If you can't set a new 'default page' on your server, using a header('Location: ...') will simulate the same thing.

I believe the web server sends an error "302" (like a "404" when page isn't found) for saying that a page has moved and redirect the browser automatically to the new page.

So like I said, using an index.php containing a header redirect mentioned below is the equivalent of setting a new default page on the web server...  minus the "302" server response to the browser.

I believe the original poster was trying to avoid creating a script whose only function was to redirect (via javascript, php, or whatever) so I think the server default page thing is the best solution here.

If you don't have access to that kind of configuration option, then a PHP header() script is a close second choice.

I'd only use the javascript window.location or html meta-refresh techniques as a worst case scenario.

-TG