Re: help plz [Books]

Ligaya Turmelle wrote:

> I personally liked George Schlossnagle's book "Advanced PHP
> Programming", published by Sams.

> I am also assuming you actually do know the basics of MySQL and PHP
> and are looking for that next step - past the beginner stuff.

I agree.  I have seen this book alone take "coder" to developer.

It is not a beginner's book - but will help you get closer to expert
faster than a two foot stack of beginner level material (again, assuming
you "are looking for that next step....")  Leave section five
(Extensions) until you are more experienced.

"High Performance MySQL" by Zawodny & Balling, O'Reilly -- not PHP
specific but essential if your MySQL databases will have heavy load on them.

Travis Doherty