mail not sent to certain mail accounts

Hi all.

I'm using the PHP mail function to send a confirmation email to a person once they register on the site. A few thing that happens with 2 of the mail accounts that we're testing to receive the mail is that the mail never is received. One of the mail accounts is a Yahoo account, the other a local email from a service provider.

What could be the factors contributing to this? Could it be anti-spam software? or could there be something else that is blocking the mail? Or could there be a problem with my PHP mail function?

All other mail account types (eg: hotmail, gmail etc...) are able to receive the email.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance!

--

Angelo Zanetti