Browser on server doesn't refresh

This is a perplexing problem. I am running OS X on my laptop, and I have created a script running locally that when I click submit, a page loads to show what was submitted and then I have a link that will take me back to the original page. When I run the script locally, everything works. When I put the script on my OS X Server and run the script, and click on the link to go back, the information is not updated. I have to refresh the page.

I have tried this in different browsers, and on different systems and the same results happen. I have Apache 1.3.33 on both systems, and PHP 5.04 on my laptop and 4.3.11 on the server. Is there some setting in Apache that would cause the page not to refresh?

thanks.