Re: SV: PHP programmers from hyderabad

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 09:46, Jochem Maas wrote:

http://cow.neondragon.net/index.php/375-Annoying-Things-About-Php

I wanted to add a comment to that blog, the guy seems to think returning
references is faster than returning copies, which is only true if the
return value is later modified and then only if there are multiple
copies in existence.

quite right - although I think his primary reason for the references is
to make sure he is always manipulating/accessing the same object.

I admit I didn't read it thoroughly - given that php5 has been about since the
end of 2003 - I don't have too much time for people who are still moaning
about object reference issues in php4 - if you want proper OO so badly, upgrade!

:-)

Cheers,
Rob.