Re: fread problem

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 09:35:21PM +0100, Mario de Frutos Dieguez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem using fread with a XML document. When i read some nodes
> with a great amount of text it cuts in the same place of the text. There
> are any limitation of text or something? I have in the php.ini the amount
> of memory in 256M.

The limitation is what you specify in your fread's second argument.
If I understand the problem you are incrementally reading a file
that is parsed for matching begin and ending elements, so if you
have a document like:

  <anode>
  // 2048 characters of data
  </anode>

And you do a:

  $line = fread($fp, 2048);

You wont get the closing element within the fread.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory