From: Jason Pappin [mailto:jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:48 AM
To: Jon Westcot; PHP General
Subject: Re:  Newbie question: need to transfer directory contents
frommy local machine to my website

Hi,

You should perhaps look at setting up a web server on your computer. PHP
as stated works server-side and if those folders/files you wish to
transfer reside in the web root, then PHP can process those files.

Perhaps look at how a web based FTP client written in PHP works for how
to copy/move/delete files in PHP. If you can't set up Apache with PHP on
Windows, try something like phpdev5 for a click and use solution.

As for your IP, it won't really matter unless you want the server to
send data back to your computer. If a static IP or hostname is in order,
then they are easy enough to set up even if you are on a dial up
connection.

Regards
Jason