Re: A curl question

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 11:07:33AM -0500, tedd wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I've asked this question on the curl-and-php@xxxxxxxxxxxx list, but
> replies were few and didn't address the problem. Whereas, I've seen
> considerable discussion of curl on this list, so here goes.
>
> I am writing a client-side application that uses curl commands to
> communicate with a php application.
>
> At present I can send the php application logon, password, and variables
> via:
>
> curl -u userID:password --url http://mydomain.com/myApp.php?what=what
>
> That works!
>
> However, I would like to send the variables hidden instead of
> attached to the url. So, what would the curl command be?

How do you mean hidden? You have to send the userid and pass
somehow either with the -u option or specifying them in the url:

  http://userID:password@xxxxxxxxxxxx/

If you are worried about people seing the network traffic of the
username or passowrd then use https.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory