Re: unable to load perl extension

dev lamp wrote:
On 12/29/05, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

dev lamp wrote:

Hi

I am unable to call perl code from PHP, since the extension does not
get loaded !

Scenario 1:
use dl('perl.so'); in the php code and invoke the script from the command line
The script works fine and the perl code gets executed as well.

so the extension is not being loaded automatically right?
but if you dl() it everything is fine, right?
then double check the 'right' ini file is being used!

There is only one php.ini
I have checked the extensions path information using phpinfo().

you not only have to specify the correct extension dir you
also have to specify [in your php.ini] each and every extension that you want
to load e.g:

extension=perl.so

or alternatively (no need for the extension dir to be set):

extension=/complete/path/to/your/perl.so

Is there something else that I need to checkout ?

is the apache module using the php.ini that you think it is ?? -
that kind of thing has caught me out more than once!

How do I check that ?
I downloaded apache sources and compiled it.
Why do I need to specify the path of the php.ini file to the apache web server ?

the php apache module needs to know where the php.ini can be found - usually
set at compile time - the place it's kept varies from OS to OS (which has caught me out
before!).

Dev.