Re: pdo_informix

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:56:31PM +0200, Aleksander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I install pdo_informix?

Some information on installtion is here:

  http://php.net/pdo_informix

This is a basic pecl installation, the general process goes
something like:

  1) get latest release (or if daring cvs checkout)
  2) extract into folder (assuming pdo_informix/)
  3) cd pdo_informix
  4) phpize
  5) ./configure (with options)
  6) make
  7) su; make install
  8) edit php.ini and enable the extension
  9) restart web server (not a graceful)
  10) exit

There are some docs that should probably go in more depth than that
at:

  http://us3.php.net/install.pecl

> There's not much info on it's homepage
> http://pecl.php.net/package-changelog.php?package=PDO_INFORMIX and it's
> not yet in cvs php-src. Although it's in the root of cvs (
> http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/pecl/pdo_informix/ ).

Keep in mind that php-src is the current version of php 6, php
5.1.x has a cvs tag associated with it (PHP_5_1).

> I'd like to add it to the stable 5.1.1, but a newer version would do for
> testing.
>
> Any ideas, with which version of php stable will pdo_informix be included?

I do know that informix was added just recently (hence not in
5.1.1). The only sugestion i could make is to contact the author of
the extension.

Since the extension is marked as stable, i wouldn't see any issues
of it being included in 5.1.2.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory