RE: download not working

Ross wrote:
> The pdf is fine, there are no errors . All I get is a small (130byte) pdf
> file which is corrupt when I try and open it.

>From the code I gather you are saving the uploaded file in the database.
1 - What field type are you using for this?
2 - Are you using some form of encoding (eg base64_encode()) before writing
it database and decoding when reading it from the database?
3 - Why not save the file to disk with a reference to the correct filename
in the database? It will most probably solve your issue.

I have tried this saving the file into the database before and could only
get it to work reliably by:
- base64_encode() on the content of the file
- keeping the files below 100kbyte (It was way back with MySQL 3.x and it
seemed that MySQL couldn’t save such large amounts of data in a blob or text
field

I ended up uploading it to disk into a directory not accessible to someone
from the outside but accessible by the user Apache was running as. Then by
reading the content from the file with PHP and outputting in a similar
method as you are using.

Hope it helps

Albert