how to create a php5 extensions on C/C++, reflecting php Class Api's ?

Hi,I'm a PHP web programing, but i wanna learn how to develop php5
extensions on C/C++. I found php5 a good language to apply Objects
programing, and it has very usefull examples of OO extensions as SimpleXML,
DOM, Sqlite; for this reason i wanna develope my extension following those
styles of API's .
I've read some docs about creating a php extension that appears as new
functions on PHP, but i can't find info to develop extensions that appear as
classes on PHP .

Thanks for your help. I'm really interested on this topic, especially to
collaborate in PHP extension projects as wxPHP.