Re: RegEx drop everything after last pattern

John Nichel wrote:
Okay, maybe it's just the fact that I'm concentration on getting out of here for the holidays more than I am on my work, but I'm pulling my hair out. Say I have a string -

Now, is the time; for all good men! to come to the aide? of their

What I want to do is drop everything after (and including) the last punctuation mark (? in this case). I've got my pattern to match any punctuation mark, but I just can't get the last one (it always hits on the first). I'd love to use the string functions, but it has to be a regular expression (right now it's punctuation, but eventually it's going to need to be just about anything; last new line, last white space, last 'b', etc).

Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh...okay, solved. Days like this, the easy stuff is nearly impossible.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)