Re: a quick one, self submitting jump menu

Ross wrote:
How can I self submit a page whne registered globals are off. Is there a way to use $_SERVER?

what do you think register_globals does?
hint: $_SERVER is a superglobal and has nothing to do with (and
is not affected by) the register_globals setting.

What I am ultimately trying to do is use values from a jump menu...

<form name="form2" id="form2" action=">">

if you leave the action attribute empty (or drop it altogether)
then your form will submit to the same URL as that which generated the
page that contains the form. if you set the action of the form to '>'
(as you have done in your example) then I have no idea what happens
(probably not much)

  <select name="menu1" onchange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
    <option >option1</option>
<option >option2</option>

  </select>
</form>

to self submit and use the submitted values in a if-else or CASE statement. This is all on the same page.

Ross