Re: High load Forum?

it all depends on the setup you're using. How well the code is written, how much fluff it has (eg. a lof of bbcode parsing makes the forum a lot slower), and a few more factors like that. If you're going to have a very big / active forum, I would suggest not to use a package as provided by multiple companies (vb, phpbb, xmb, ipb, etc) but to write your own and try to minimize the amount of work it does (especially heavy-duty work like regexp parsing, image-parsing, database-connections/transactions, etc.). If you do it yourself, you'll be sure you have optimized it as much as you can for your server specifically. If you use a bigger package, it'll have lots of fluff you don't need, and generally will use older (slower) language constructs to be backwards compatible (back to php 4.2.0 in most cases, or even earlier).

- tul

Ruben Rubio Rey wrote:
Hi,

Im looking for a good forum thats supports high load. (Now between 300-2.000 active sessions, much more in next 2 years)

I have heard about vBulletin and PhpBB. At the moment I think vBulletin is the best choice, because I know some very big places that uses it.

What do u think about this?