Re: select statement with variables ???

Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
<side-question>
Jay how come you though concating would give
a different result to interpolation?
</side-question>
[/snip]

It is not really a different result, it is just something that I am in the
habit of doing. The "concat or not to concat" question has fueled many a
holy war. I concat, others do not. I am used to seeing it and looking for it
in code. Others think that it adds too much junk.

I see - personally I don't give a **** about this holy war; I use both
pretty interchangably - depends on the context what I think looks neater.

<tangent>
it is my believe the technically this:

echo $a, $b, $c;

is (should be) faster than:

echo $a . $b . $c;

can anyone confirm this to be true?
</tangent>

[snip]

My bet is that you need to concatenate

...I don't agree that concat'ing will help...
[/snip]

I probably shouldn't have used "bet"...I just should have suggested it.

I still stand by the fact that whether you bet or suggest the OP would end up
with the same broken query string.

now the hint about using ECHO .. that you could have written in 40 foot high letters :-)