Re: Hi!

Nanu Kalmanovitz wrote:
Hi!
Using a Win 2000 WS (work station), I'm trying to write the first PHP
page as shown at http://il2.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php.
The server is a Netware (Novell) 6.5 running Apache, PHP & MySQL all 3 on same server but different volumes. I created the file named hello.php by copying and pasting the following text to notepad and put it in my web server root directory I:\HTDocs: Example 2-1. Our first PHP script: hello.php<html>: <head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>
 <?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?>
When I am accessing the site with IE browser at the
http://www.kalmanovitz.co.il/hello.php URL address I can see a blank
page.
The other pages are shown correctly.
Any Idea how to fix it and continue with the tutorial?

You need to tell Apache how to handle PHP pages. In your httpd.conf add this line :

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

See here in the manual for further explanation :

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache1.php

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)