Re: Passing $_POST values to a php script

Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> I am trying to develop a testing framework for a bunch of php scripts. These
>
> files expect various kinds of data from the $_POST array. They work fine
> when invoked from the browser.
>
> But I am wondering if I can programmatically pass these values so that I can
>
> stress test them in a systematic manner.
> [/snip]
>
> You will probably want to use http://www.php.net/curl

You can also try the Apache benchmarking tool - ab
[http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html]

It can also do POST request (check the -p option)
<quote from=http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/programs/ab.html>
	-p POST file
	A file containing data  that  the  program  will send  to  the
	Apache  server  in  any HTTP POST requests. The contents of the
	file  should  look like  name=value&something=other,  with
	special characters URL encoded.
</quote>

HTH, cheers

Silvio

--
tradeOver | http://www.tradeover.net
...ready to become the King of the World?