Looking for a photo gallery

Has anyone seen a photo gallery that will do the following:

- Allow several people to upload images to various subdirectories via FTP, and then a cron script or something periodically scans the directories and creates any needed thumbnails and creates new pages for all new images;

- Is template based so I can easily globally add content and apply changes to all thumbnail pages, all detail pages, etc.?

Thanks for any recommendations. I've seen so many online but can't find any that do both of the above.

- Brian