4 Digit ID with Leading Zeros

Ave,

I want to assign a 4 Digit ID with leading zeros to each record added using
a form I have created.

The PHP scripts does two things:
(a) It adds the data to a mySQL table
(b) it generates a CSV file with the data

The 4 Digit ID (beginning from 0001) will be used in two places:
(a) It will be the ID for the record in the mySQL table, instead of the
usual ID that we create in mySQL. It will be a Primary Key, Not Null,
Auto_Increment
(b) It will also be the filename for the CSV file.

So basically it has to match the record adding in the mySQL table and the
filename for the CSV.

I¹m trying to figure out how to do this but am not sure.
Any help appreciated.

Rahul S. Johari
Coordinator, Internet & Administration
Informed Marketing Services Inc.