Re: MIME E-mail message

Oli Howson wrote:
Than what? The imap extension is faster and has parsing functionality built in.

True, but the parsing is to be done at a completely different time, and then imap extension can't be >that< much faster, when you consider that my method is doing very little processing, and basically getting the messages as fast as they can download!

I would imagine it would be significantly faster, and you must be doing some processing to extract the email body.

Also there's a PEAR Net_POP3 library if you insist on using sockets which handles lots of menial tasks for you.

But where's the fun in that?

The fun is going to the pub earlier because you haven't got as much code to write, nor as many gotchas to resolve since someone (me) has written the code for you.

--
Richard Heyes