php file upload permission query

Hi all.

I've got a PHP script which does file uploads.

the files get uploaded fine but I see that the permission of the files are:

600

IE: Owner read and write.

In order for me to use the files, I would have to set the permissions on each file, now for best practise would I set the permission once the file is uploaded or is there something I can do before its uploaded?

usually when i have a file upload section all file permissions are fine, this is the first time, so perhaps there is something with the current permissions that is causing the permissions to be set to 600 when uploaded, which if solved would allow me to not edit my PHP files.

any ideas?

thanks in advance
--

Angelo