Re: need for $_POST[''] changed after server upgrade

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 00:31, Michael Hulse wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2005, at 9:26 PM, matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The only problem I see with this is now you are asking php to issue a
> > count on the $_REQUEST array, this could take some time depending on
> > your
> > form size.
>
> Ah, very good point... did not think of that.  :)

That shouldn't be an issue. I'm quite sure PHP doesn't traverse the
array to count the elements, but rather already knows the size by virtue
of housekeeping when elements are added or removed. Either way it would
be the copy process that would be heaviest but since PHP uses a
copy-on-write system of variable copying, the expense is mitigated until
such time as the value copied changes in one of the lightweight copies
at which time a real copy occurs.

Cheers,
Rob.