Re: Re: href links not working in XP

Dan Baker wrote:
"Marlin Unruh" <mwu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:439B02B3.1080403@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I apologize because I posted this question earlier under Re: href difference between OS's, and am still struggling with the problem. I think I have fished all the way around the lake, with no results.

I cannot get href links to local files to work on an XP machine.

This is an issue that happened with the release of "Service Pack 2" (I think it was SP2). You are NOT allowed to click on a link that accesses the C: drive -period-. The browser simply ignores you.

We got around this issue by mapping a network drive to our own C: drive, and generating links to that mapped drive. SP2 allows you to then click on these links.

FYI: We used to be able to simply put our own IP address as a trusted site, but SP2 doesn't even allow that any more.

DanB

Thanks, I am very grateful for you help. I was beginning to think there was no solution, or I would have to live with the problem and hopefully stumble across the answer eventually.

Thanks again!!
--

Regards,
 Marlin Unruh