Re: href links not working in XP

Marlin Unruh wrote:

M wrote:

Marlin Unruh wrote:

Sure, here is the main function and the function that sends the files/links to the browser. This works fine on two w2k machines, but not on our XP machine. If I place the mouse pointer over the link on the web page it shows correct in the IE status bar. Example:( file:///c:/suncosys/act/2d/file_name.vc6 )

Does it work if you copy&paste the link? It might be a security feature.

If I right click on the link and select [copy shortcut], then paste it in the address bar the application loads as it should. If I select [print target] it also loads as it should but the print dialog also opens. If I right click and select [open] nothing happens, same as if I left click.

Regards,

What is a .vc6 filetype? I bet you have a security setting in the browser that doesn't allow opening that filetype on click... but you are able to force the issue with direct input... but then again, I could just be all wet behind the ears.

John Hinton