Re: href links not working in XP

Would it be possible to see your code for this? I have had similar problems within firefox but never within IE.

  Regards,
  David

Marlin Unruh <mwu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I apologize because I posted this question earlier under Re:  href
difference between OS's, and am still struggling with the problem. I
think I have fished all the way around the lake, with no results.

I cannot get href links to local files to work on an XP machine. The
exact script that is creating the links works perfectly on two W2K
machines. On the XP machine if I right click and select print, the given
file will load in the application as desired, but a print dialog box is
also opened. If I right click and select open nothing happens, same as
if I just left click the link. I have added an AddType in the Apache
conf file, but no change. I have looked at the IE security settings,
nothing. The file mime type is set because I can use the file explorer
and clicking on a desired file and the application will run and load the
file for editing.

--

Regards,
  Marlin Unruh