Re: CSS and Tables

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 08:42:14PM -0600, Afan Pasalic wrote:
> table, tr, th, td, p, { (note there is no dot in front of the class name!)
> 	font-size: small;
> 	border-bottom: 1px lightgrey solid;
> 	border-right: 1px lightgrey solid;
> }
>
> and yo don't ned to add class=t any more

Now anytime I do a <p> i'm going to have some weird border around
it. Not to mention a wierd border around all table, th, td and tr's.

And if you happened to miss the border definition, globaling all
these items like this is a bad thing. At least, you simply need to
global the 'html' or 'html body' declartion with the default
settings with  explicit definitions like font size, font face,
color, etc..  then redefine what ever is needed based on the id or
class of the elements.

globally though, for example i commonly redine my p and th as:

p {
  margin: 0.8em 0; /* to much space by default */
}

th {
  text-align: left; /* center alignment never looks good */
}

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory