Re: Create Image From HTML

As Jochem mentioned, you can use the 'onclick' event to trigger some JS when a user clicks on something.  I wanted to add that you may be able to use the 'innerHTML' property to get the HTML contained within the area clicked too.

It sounds like you're saying that the user clicks on a table and that gets loaded into a javascript text editor to edit the table HTML?

If so, try something like this:

<script>
  function loadIntoJSEditor(id) {
    sendHTMLtoJSEditor(document.getElementById(id).innerHTML);
  }
</script>

You can test it by changing "sendHTMLtoJSEditor" to "alert" so it shows in a popup window.

Just make sure all your <span>s or <div>s or whatever you choose to encapsulate the clickable areas in all have unique ID's.

-TG