Re: Re: array carrying from one php page to another

Ford, Mike wrote:
On 08 December 2005 16:47, Sandy Keathley wrote:

.
.
$_SESSION['array'] = serialize($array);

Why on earth would you want to serialize an array you're adding to the session?  That's just a terrible waste of good machine cycles.

<sarcasm>terrible, very. too many hits to the server and this little faux pas will
really bring the CPU to its knees</sarcasm>

Sandy, anything you stick in $_SESSION is automatically serialized by php when the
session is closed (or the request is complete - i.e. during script shutdown) .. which
means you don't have to do it!

Zend Certified Engineer

Really??  I think I just lost all faith in that "qualification".

state provided 'educational' services are nothing more than highly
sophisticated indoctrination systems ... Zend is upfront about the
reasons for having a 'qualification' system but is Leeds Met?

Or lets look at that a totally different way ... Leeds Met is a
very prejudiced, dogmatic operation with a higgly judgemental cultural
background that is incapable of stimulating or encouraging open-minded,
critical thinking. I know this because you work there and you one comment
about losing faith tells me everything there is to know about Leeds Met and
all the people who work/study there; just like you are able to
judge the Zend Exam based on one slight mistake from one particular person who
advertises herself as having passed said exam....

over&out

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: m.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +44 113 283 2600 extn 4730 Fax: +44 113 283 3211