Re: Non-trivial task of converting text to HTML

Eric Gorr wrote:
Quoting Roman Ivanov <gamblergluck@xxxxxxxxx>:

Output text should be correctly formatted without using lots of br's and &nbsp;'s. Doing so manually is not a problem, I would just use <p> for web paragraphs, and <p class="book"> for book paragraphs. However, formatting such text with a scrip is very difficult. Does anyone knows a good exaple of such script?

How do you intend to distinguish between a web paragraph and a book paragraph?

Good question. I don't know. If I would know, than writing scipt would be simple. It would be interesting to hear how other developers deal with such kind of things.

How can you even accomplish this manually?

By reading the text. *smiley*