Re: Optimizing Images

Tim Traver wrote:

Hi all,

ok, I'm trying to write a script to optimize images for the web, but I can't seem to figure out how to go about reducing the color pallete, and therefor reducing the size of the images.

I'm trying to be generic about it so that users can optimize GIF's and JPG's or even PNG's. I can't find much in the way of code on the net about doing this...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to maybe some freely available scripts or classes that can help me figure this out ???

Thanks,

Tim.

If you're working from a Linux box, do some studying on imagemagik. It has scads of tools and uses one of the best optimization algorythms I've seen. A very powerful tool.. can do low res, watermarks, resizing.. and on and on and on.

John Hinton