Re: What software do you use for writing PHP?

Michael Crute said the following on 12/06/2005 09:53 AM:
On 12/6/05, Richard Davey <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Indeed, if you are bad at VI things go very slow but if you are good
at VI (I am semi-good) you can code FAR faster than any GUI I have
ever used.

If you take the upfront time to learn how to use VIM you'll discover it is very powerful and very quick. It's even better if you use it in conjunction with screen.

Plus you can use VIM on Windows too.

Yes, though if you're stuck on Windows I'd suggest using VIM via Putty (even if you're using Putty to SSH to your local machine) so that you can resize your shell window horizontally as well as vertically.

- Ben