Re: Performance question

I dont think either will give a performance decrease any less than the other will do.

Anders Norrbring wrote:

I've been spending some time to find performance pros and cons, but so far haven't had any real luck.

Can someone on this list say which is better than the other, and also why, when it comes to these kinds of syntax:

1.
php code
?>
<tag><?= $var2 ?></end tag>
<?
more php code

2.
php code
echo "<tag>$variable</end tag>";
echo "<tag>$var2</end tag>";
more php code

In both cases, some processing is done, not that 'echo' uses a lot of cpu time, but still... On the other hand, there are more jumps in and out for the interpreter in the first example...

I'd love some thoughts on this.