Re: Re: Re: better way to mix html and php code?

"Robert Cummings" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 13:41, Dan Baker wrote:
>> I'm curious ... how do you generally handle forms and urls?  What if the
>> programmer wants to add a link, something like:
>>
>> How is the data (op=View&id=1234) separated from the formatting?
>
> There are two ways for retrieving data. The first you have seen is the
> tag form, but obviously that's a problem when the data goes into a tag
> :) For this there is the embed form (a simple example follows but data
> can be retrieved from modules/components in the same way):

> path=id}}">

It appears that the data "op=View" is embedded in the html data.  This seems
strange, because the PHP programmer is the one who needs to set this value,
not the page designer.

Also, the jinn:getValue seems a lot like programming -- The "id" value must
come from a database, based on who is currently logged in.  I assume it can
be done, but seems like these queries would get rather complex, as well as
redundant. Seems like you are changing from programming in PHP to
programming in this new jinn language.

I am interested in how this works, but am skeptical.
DanB