Re: SOAP and PHP

Petr Smith wrote:
Torgny Bjers wrote:

Angelo Zanetti wrote:

Hi guys.

I've googled but found so many pages that I'm not sure what to use.

I want to use PHP to make use of SOAP.

I've found:
-nuSoap
-libxml(2)
-php-soap
-and others which seemed less important.

Can you recommend which one to use? and which one is the most supported.
Also if I've missed some that you feel I should know about please let
me know.
Thanks in advance.

Angelo

Not sure, but there's already a couple of relevant classes in PEAR:
http://pear.php.net/search.php?q=soap&in=packages&x=0&y=0

A hot tip is to always search in the packages there. :)
http://pear.php.net/packages.php

Warm Regards,
Torgny

Who uses PEAR? Mess of old unsupported and undocumented libraries which only their authors (maybe) can use?

LOL, what does your code look like huh?

I use pear when documentation is available or API docs are easily understood.

DB, Mime_Mail, HTTP_REQUEST are a few Ive used and still do, your obviously not experienced enough to read and reuse others code

I would recommend PHP5 SOAP extension, based on libxml2. It works without problems and without messing with PEAR.

You can start with this tutorial: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-phpws/?ca=dgr-lnxw06PHP5soap

Petr