Re: PHP Framework

Yonatan,

And since I'm the Lampshade guy, I'll throw Lampshade out there, as well:

http://www.thinkcomputer.com/software/lampshade/index.html

Unlike a lot of frameworks, Lampshade is entirely procedural, and it's designed specifically for use with MySQL. I suppose that makes it less flexible than some people would want, but if it fits your application specs, then it's very fast and straightforward.

In general, it's been around since 2002 (no plans to go away next year), it's in use at Harvard and at very large companies, and at very small ones, too, and there's a whole lot of documentation, in both HTML and PDF format. I also happen to think that as far as programming frameworks go, it's pretty easy to learn. The Lampshade Starter Kit, which you can download alongside the core files, gives you an example application that you can work with and modify.

Good luck with your search!

Aaron

Aaron Greenspan
President & CEO