Re: PHP Framework

Hi Yonatan,

> I want to start using a framework to my future sites and I saw that
> there are quite alot of options out there at the net, if anyone got
> any experience with frameworks I would really like to receive some
> suggestions, recommenditions and even ideas.

> The framework need to achieve the following goals (Doesn't have to
> be all of them):

I'll add a criteria to your list (which nearly all the frameworks out
there lack) - *DOCUMENTATION*

There are so many recent PHP apps out there in the wild (not just
frameworks) that have virtually no real, solid, *useful* documentation
for them. The vast majority of PEAR components suffer from this, lots
of the frameworks have virtually no good documentation at all, some of
the blog apps, the wiki apps, etc etc etc. Stick your finger anywhere
in the PHP pie and you'll hit a cherry, but more often than not have
no help at all on how to consume it, without ripping the thing apart.

I'm sure this isn't unique to PHP, but it gets my goat :) We've got
security consortiums, framework groups, component repositories, class
files a go-go - maybe it was time someone started a PHP Documentation
Group!

Err, apologies for diversifying from your original thread a bit.

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer