Re: Recommendations for the Zend PHP Certification

Hi, Richard.

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Sat, November 12, 2005 10:29 am, Gustavo Narea wrote:

  - AFAIK, there are 3 versions of the Standard SQL (1993, 1999 and
2003), but, Which one am I going to need for this test?

I think it would be best to focus on SQL 92 because:

A) It's unlikely that a significant number of Zend Cert questions
would be THAT picuyane to depend on SQL99 (?) or SQL03 (??)

B) Most db platforms haven't even caught up to SQL92 yet, not fully. They're all "close" but none are "done".
So you may miss a question or two because of the difference between
reality and the Cert test question, but you won't miss a whole bunch
of them.

Yes, I am going to take that into account.

By the way, I was wrong: There are more than 3 versions of this standard; according wikipedia there are five.

  - Should I learn to use another HTTP server?

HTTP server?

It might be good to play with PHP on a Windows box, just to see what
it's like...  Not with IIS, though, as that's just TOO painful :-)

Good ;-), I spent a couple of years using PHP on Window$ (with Apache) before switching to GNU/Linux a few months ago.

Another SQL server would probably be even more useful.

PostgreSQL is probably the easiest (and certainly the cheapest) to try
from a MySQL background.  And PostgresQL is picky enough that all the
bad habits you picked up in MySQL will get corrected pretty
quick-like. :-)

That's a good reason for me to learn PostgreSQL!

Thanks you so much, Richard.

Regards.
--
Gustavo Narea.
PHP Documentation - Spanish Translation Team.