RE: Walking through a bunch of MySQL Records

> I have a question.
> I want to display a group of records pulled form a MySQL db
> in the following
> fashion.
>
> 1        6
> 2        7
> 3        8
> 4        9
> 5        10
>
> Now I can easily figure out how to display the records as
>
> 1        2
> 3        4
> 5        6
> 7        8
> 9        10
>
> But since I am in an HTML table and the need to display the
> <TR> and </TR> I
> am not sure how to make th logic so that I can get the first
> listing. Can
> anyone help me out?? Need more information??

You could load up an array with your result set:

$records=array();
$rownum=0;
while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)){
  $rownum++;
  records[$rownum]=$row['data'];
}

...then use $rownum/2 to determine the second column:

for ($i==1;$i<=$rownum/2;$i++){
  $col1=$i;
  $col2=$i+($rownum/2);
  echo "<tr>$record[$col1]</tr>";
  echo "<tr>$record[$col2]</tr>";
}

There are probably much better ways to do this, but this is a start.

JM