Re: PHP / MySQL Authentication class

Alan Milnes wrote:
Can anyone point me to a good User Authentication class written in PHP (Version 5 preferably) that uses MySQL as the backend. If the output is valid XHTML then even better. There are lots of hits on Google but I need some help sorting the wheat from the chaff.

it might help you to think about it in terms of what 'Auth' is supposed to do...
and whether an 'Auth' module should be responsible for _any_ output what so ever?

i.e. imho if its outputting anything at all then its chaff.

It's for a hobbyist site so I'm looking for something using cookies that will keep people logged in between visits and provide some personalisation. Obviously it needs to be reasonably secure but it's not a banking system or anything.

have a hunt here: pear.php.net - there is probably something there that fits the bill

Thanks!

Alan