Re: Filtering and Escaping (Was: Select and $_POST)

Chris Shiflett wrote:
I'm pretty lenient with email addresses and use the pattern from the PHP Cookbook (David Sklar and Adam Trachtenberg). I usually modify it to not allow angled brackets, since I don't know any email address that has those (but, they're probably OK as far as the spec goes).

I always try to enter my email address like this when asked for it on a form:

	Jasper Bryant-Greene <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxx>

That is a perfectly valid (according to RFC822) email address. Those that do bother to validate usually spit it out as invalid.

Just to demonstrate that it's not quite as simple as it might first appear :)

Jasper