RE: a code question..??

On Thu, November 10, 2005 7:41 pm, bruce wrote:
>     +-------------------------------+
>     |                               |
>     |           user                |
>     |              'sub_btn'        |
>     |                               |
>     |                               |
>     |                               |
>     |                               |
>     |  blah                         |
>     |      blah                     |
>     |          blah                 |
>     |                               |
>     |                               |
>     |                               |
>     +-------------------------------+
>
> in this example, the user/sub_btn is generated from the app B
> server/system.

Presumably blah, blah, blah is on A, right?...

> the user would then fill in the 'user' and hit the 'sub_btn', causing
> the
> information to be sent back to the app B server.
>
> the app B server would then return a result, based on the user
> input... i'm
> trying to figure out how to essentially allocate a section of the
> page, to a
> remote application. after i've finished with the remote stuff, the
> user
> could go ahead and select other items/buttons on the page that are in
> the
> current environment

> i'm not sure what's the best approach to this...

How much do you trust the remote applications?

How much power do you need to give them for them to be able to
generate the correct output for their space allocated to them?

How much data needs to transfer for them to know what content to
generate?

How much content will the be generating?

How flexible will this need to be for A and B content decisions?

What sort of volume of traffic are you looking at?

Until we know more, our answer remains:
"Yes, you can do this any number of ways, depending on what you want
to do"

You can web-scrape, you can SOAP, you can RPC, you can require source
code back and forth, you can get the elves to do all the work for you.

We don't know which way you want to go with this either, because we
don't know any of the parameters that affect the decisions, much less
know what you're actually trying to do.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm