RE: java .vs php

On Thu, November 10, 2005 9:45 am, Nathan Tobik wrote:
> Google uses Java also:
> http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/google/limoore.html

Google uses Pigeons as well.
:-)

After doing enough web development for enough time, you get to where
you really don't care what so-and-so is using, no matter how
successful they may be.

Oh, sure, you get warm fuzzies in your tummy when you hear Yahoo is
using PHP, or Google uses PHP for some stuff, but it doesn't really
MATTER to you.

Because, in the end, of all the things that they can point to for
their success, the development language behind their software is least
likely to be a major factor.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter at all, nor that there aren't
specific reasons to choose one over another.

Only that the success/failure of the site rarely, if ever, rides on
the language chosen.

It rides almost exclusively on the shoulders of the people
building/marketing/promoting/using the site.

I suppose there's even a good site built in ASP out there somewhere,
even if I think all the ones I've ever seen really suck. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm