From: Richard Lynch [mailto:ceo@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:01 PM
To: bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  a code question..??

On Thu, November 10, 2005 2:20 pm, bruce wrote:
> i have a situation where i have a client app (A), and another app (B).
> i'd
> like to be able to have app A have a login dialog. I'd like the login
> dialog
> to be comming/run from app B. so i envision somehow having code from
> app B
> within app A, that essentially is bing run

If this all lives on the same server, some include files and some
flags or some function arguments to do anything different between A
and B could do this.

If they live on different servers, you could use http://php.net/curl
to manage the I/O back and forth, probably.

Or, you could use include() with url_file_wrappers (?) turned "on" and
have app B output the PHP source for app A to run.

There are probably several more options.

It's difficult to provide quality answers, because you've abstracted
things very nicely, to the point that our advice could easily lead you
to do something inherently risky.

User authentication being shared between A and B was beaten to death
in another thread recently.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm