Re: mssql_*() functions and stored procedures

Chris Boget wrote:
Looking through the documentation, I see that I can use

mssql_init()
mssql_bind()
mssql_execute()

to execute those stored procedures that have parameters.
But what about those SPs which just return a value?  If I
have the following SP

CREATE PROCEDURE MySP
AS
 DECLARE @resultCode int
 SELECT @resultCode = 539
 RETURN @resultCode
GO

And execute the above as follows

DECLARE @result int;
EXEC @result = MySP;
PRINT @result;

in firebird I would do something like:

SELECT result FROM MySP

maybe that works for you in mssql?

within Query Analyzer, how do I emulate this using the mssql_*()
functions?  Whenever I try to just run the EXEC, I keep getting an
error message saying that I have to declare the @result variable.
I've tried to declare the variable in a seperate mssql_query() call
but that doesn't seem to have an effect.  So how can I do this w/o

is it possible to start a transaction first then run the 2 queries?

getting an error w/r/t variable declaration?

thnx,
Christoph