Re: mail() with port & authentication

On Wed, October 5, 2005 11:59 pm, Brian Dunning wrote:
> Do I need to use Pear to specify port 587 and authentication when
> sending mail? I could not find any way to do it using mail().

If you have access to sendmail.cf on your box, you can probably do it
there...

Or, put it this way:

On MY box at home, I had to do this so the silly cable-modem provider
wouldn't block my outdoing emails, and I'm NOT a Sendmail expert by
any stretch of the imagination.

In this case, I wanted ALL outgoing email to go to a different port,
which my web/mail host has open for this very purpose.

I dunno how tricky it would be to make it only happen for specific
sender/recipient combinations etc...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm