Re: caching parsed XML files as DOM objects in memory

it's not working at all. And it could never work. I don't think it's funny to write false advices to people "every other week". I've installed APC cache, tried to save XML. It was not working. apc_fetch returned NULL every time.
[snip]

When I looked into documentation for APC - there is this sentence: "And apc_store() currently doesn't work at all for (internal) classes in PHP5 right now.". And all the XML stuff is what? Internal PHP5 classes!

I can only apologise for your wasted time -- I seem to remember it working but may have been caching a different class; it was a while ago.

Perhaps Rasmus or someone with more knowledge of APC internals could comment? I find APC very useful but it would be extremely useful to be able to cache the DOMDocument class.

Could you please post the link to the docs from which you got that quote? I cannot find any words to that effect on either the php.net or pecl.php.net websites, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough...

Apology accepted. Sorry for my (maybe) too offensive language, I was disappointed it's not working.

This quote is from TODO "Known Bugs" file inside apc distribution archive (v3.0.8).

Petr